[LINK] Robot cars and the fear gap

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Fri Jul 22 10:34:12 AEST 2016

On 22/07/2016 10:16 AM, David Lochrin wrote:
> On 2016-07-21 23:54 Stephen Loosley wrote:
>
>> Seems to me that future vehicle “black boxes” will be networked clouds.
>>
>> Properly done, each vehicle will have it’s own IP address, and be connected with and communicate with surrounding vehicles. Each vehicle has it’s own pre-determined flight-path, controlled, and, occasionally varied as might be appropriate, by the cloud-based master city/state/national neural networks.
>>
>> Really, it seems to me that the only way to do this automated transport thing safely is to have all components able to communicate their intentions, and be choreographed by a cloud based neural network, resourced via your rego fees.
> Or we could use trams & trains.

If you live on the Northern Beaches of Sydney (Tony Abbott's and Bronwyn
Bishop's (old) electorates) there are no trams, no trains and two
bridges (Spit and Roseville) into the city.

They are building a big new hospital a few km's from where I live. The
only transport will be bus, taxi, private car, cycle or ambulance.

--

Regards
brd

Bernard Robertson-Dunn