[LINK] How fast is the NBN?

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Thu Mar 3 17:53:56 AEDT 2016

On 3/03/2016 9:11 AM, Tom Worthington wrote:
> On 01/03/16 15:56, David Boxall wrote:
>
>> Can you substantiate your implication that the only demand that's
>> increasing is mobile? ...
>
> The intended implication was that mobile demand would make fixed data
> demand largely irrelevant.

If we assume that this is true then I don't understand how mobile demand
translates into wireless NBN.

People with mobile devices at home and in many other locations (office,
school, Starbucks, etc) would be quite happy using wifi to access their
local network and hence the internet - as is the case now.

The 4G (etc...) phone technology is available when wifi isn't.

So I don't understand the argument for wireless from the node to the
premises - one fixed location to another.

--

Regards
brd

Bernard Robertson-Dunn