[LINK] NBN chief seeks advice of US tech giants as broadband technology debate rages

JanW jwhit at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 22 08:27:24 AEDT 2016

At 08:09 AM 22/03/2016, Frank O'Connor wrote:
>Mr Broadband is building us a $60 billion White Elephant that everybody seems t think is a colossal waste of money
 and all for politics. All because the MTM ‘˜idea' (and I use that term loosely) isn’t Labor’s.

>Sadly, if this matter is allowed to die in the coming long election campaign nobody will be held accountable for this debacle - and Mr Broadband really deserves some real public attention for this waste of public monies and ever so damaging politicking.

I'd love to be able to campaign on this. I'd even consider going door to door. But the problem in areas where I live is that we've been so poorly served by comms for so long it's become any port in a storm. Port, get it? The issues of "what could have been" is lost in the existential problem of how bad "what is" is. Our marginal seat is happy with crumbs, sadly.

BUT large parts of this electorate are getting NOTHING yet, only some marginal marginal booths that really did have nothing much at all. And our idiot MP thinks that's enough. He's off in KL I heard. Another ex-cop like Duddon. Still, it's a .7 margin, so there's hope he'll be gone if MalT stuffs up like the train wreck he just gave on AM. Mr Arrogant is back.

Jan

I write books. http://janwhitaker.com/?page_id=8

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer