[LINK] NBN chief seeks advice of US tech giants as broadband technology debate rages

David Boxall linkdb at boxall.name
Tue Mar 22 12:23:38 AEDT 2016

On 22/03/2016 10:34 AM, Kim Holburn wrote:

> On 2016/Mar/22, at 7:34 AM, David Boxall <linkdb at boxall.name> wrote:
>
>> On 22/03/2016 6:41 AM, Paul Brooks wrote:
>>> By building for the far-off future - which doesn't require significantly more upfront cost - makes it more likely to make a financial return, not less likely, by extending the time period they can receive wholesale rental revenue by a decade or more.
>>>
>> The Liberals used to plan long-term.
>
> They did?  When?

Menzies era. That was when much of the copper telecommunications
infrastructure began. As I remember, it wasn't so much a plan as a
process of continuing extension. The thought of choosing a direction and
committing to it would terrify any modern-day Conservative.

--
David Boxall                    |  I have seen the past
http://david.boxall.id.au       |               --TJ Hooker