[LINK] A non-sensationalist look at Australian internet speeds

David Boxall linkdb at boxall.name
Tue Mar 29 08:19:44 AEDT 2016

On 28/03/2016 11:36 PM, Paul Brooks wrote:
> The ABS measures data volume transferred not link capacity or
> bandwidth - these two aspects are only loosely related with each other.
> Data volume can increase by many times without link bandwidth changing
> at all.

I'd be interested to see anyone explain to an everyday audience (say,
The Age or Sydney Morning Herald) how the ABS data can continue to rise
exponentially without impacting bandwidth.

--
David Boxall                    |  My figures are just as good
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  I make them up myself, and they