[LINK] Cyber Security Strategy

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Fri Nov 11 08:13:42 AEDT 2016

JanW <jwhit at internode.on.net> replied on Fri, 11 Nov 2016 06:58:53 +1100
>[emphasis added above]
>So, the richest companies in the country are being offered something from the government that should be part of their standard risk management procedures in their IT area? The mind boggles.

Not only that, but it's all-but-useless.

(1)  ASIC knows a lot less than the CIOs and SIOs of the top-100 corps

(2)  It's merely answers given by the corps and fed back to them

(3)  It's anonymous, and yet they're going to compare each successive
     year's responses to identify improvements?

We need some genuine leadership in the security area, but this is the weakest form of tokenism, and should be derided.

Tel: +61 2 6288 6916                        http://about.me/roger.clarke

Visiting Professor in the Faculty of Law            University of N.S.W.