[LINK] Voice on the NBN

David Lochrin dlochrin at key.net.au
Fri Sep 16 22:27:00 AEST 2016

On 2016-09-16 18:08 Narelle  wrote:

> You can repoint the daisy chain of cable that is in your house to the new device, but the cables do something different.

The existing POTS cable cannot be connected to the incoming line carrying the FTTN service because that has a completely different (VDSL2) signal.

The incoming line should be connected to an NBN-compatible modem.  If the modem has an FXS port it should then be possible to connect the existing POTS cable there, but with the restriction I mentioned earlier regarding REN loading.

Or that's my take on it....

David L.