[LINK] Telstra trials 5G mobile network, the next 'quantum leap' in technology

Frank O'Connor francisoconnor3 at bigpond.com
Tue Sep 20 21:59:25 AEST 2016

> On 20 Sep 2016, at 9:31 PM, David Boxall <linkdb at boxall.name> wrote:
>
> And they're coming out of the woodwork again.
> "This is what the government should be investing in not fibre to the home."
> <https://www.facebook.com/groups/BIRRR/permalink/557950921080266/?comment_id=557960541079304&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R6%22%7D>

Mmmm … I wonder how they imagine the phone towers can handle that sort of bandwidth simultaneously across multiple phones in their area. And I wonder if they realise that Telstra and Optus are co-opting network and NBN subscribers with dual purpose WiFi modems to spread the load, even with just 4G.

Nah … it can all be done magically over the mobile phone.

Some people are simply too dumb to own and operate technology.

Just my 2 cents worth …
---