[LINK] New Zealand wireless data

Stephen Loosley StephenLoosley at outlook.com
Tue Apr 18 14:08:16 AEST 2017

Would have no idea what New Zealand’s internet arrangements are .. however, last Friday we arrived in Auckland for an Easter holiday, and have been surprised with the level of Internet service.

We booked an apartment for the week on Airbnb. From the over 300 apartments/houses available, over 300 offered fixed wireless .. that is, seemingly nearly every one of them. At the apartment we selected, the rock-solid service is Vodaphone, with 14 / 2 Mbps and it’s pinging at 15 ms, according to http://www.speedtest.net and https://fast.com

These results don’t vary. Also, just about every food etc retail place we wander past and into offers free and fast WiFi.

Even though a superficial and cursory glance at Internet resources in New Zealand, their level appears quite impressive.

Cheers,
Stephen