[LINK] Australian government agencies, and clouds.

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Tue Aug 15 13:08:57 AEST 2017

On 15/08/17 11:49, Roger Clarke wrote:

> ... have capacity in Australia ... must also ... ensure that no data is
> ever farmed out to a host that is outside the jurisdiction. ...

Yes. I am at the ACS Canberra Conference where James Kavanagh, CTO
Microsoft Australia announced that Microsoft Azure will be provided from
Canberra Data Centres (CDC) for Unclassified and Protected government
data.
http://blog.tomw.net.au/2017/08/canberra-welcomes-our-robot-overlords.html

--
Tom Worthington, MEd, FACS CP.  http://www.tomw.net.au t +61(0)419496150
TomW Communications Pty Ltd.    PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia

Honorary Lecturer, Computer Science, Australian National University
https://cecs.anu.edu.au/research/profile/tom-worthington