[LINK] Amazon

JanW jwhit at internode.on.net
Tue Dec 5 12:05:57 AEDT 2017

At 11:56 AM 5/12/2017, Stephen Loosley wrote:
>In other words, it has become clear that Amazon isn't the all-conquering, price-beating juggernaut that many were expecting. Some prices are good, some are average and others are flat-out terrible

If you want to have a laugh, check out the twitter hashtag #amazonaustralia . Some are playing a game of spot the spelling errors.

I'm just trying to log in and failing. My account hadn't been used in a long time (I tend to use the US site, but had an .au site for some book stuff), so they want to send me a verification code. I'm also having some tech problems with mail delivery to my janwhitaker.com account (30 minute delays, for which I've contacted the host techs for some help). Anyway, because the verification code expires after 10 minutes, I still can't verify my account. So then I went off to their support area. That was really fun - NOT! If you enter the problem and then choose the 'call me now' option, it says it's not functioning. I tweeted to them, they responded and said it was fixed, but of course it wasn't. I haven't tried it again in the last hour.

Anyway, they have program code showing, poor prices, 3-7 day delivery for a minimum $6 delivery fee unless you buy over $49 of stuff.

Not a good start. Good think Bezos is already shit rich. He wouldn't be making much on this expansion. It's hard to get people to come back once they've seen ugly.

Jan

I write books. http://janwhitaker.com/?page_id=8

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer