[LINK] NBN in my area goes from over 5 years away to this year.

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Mon Feb 27 21:52:47 AEDT 2017

Last week, the NBN wasn't even planned in my area, if you believe their
website and we all know that if it's on the internet it's true.

Now it says:

Planned availability: Oct-Dec 2017*.
Planned technology: nbn™ Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC)*

It says this about HFC:

Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC) is used in circumstances where the existing
‘pay TV’ or cable network can be used to reach your premises.

Is this really state of the art technology I should be grateful to get?

At least it isn't FTTN with those stupid boxes full of technology and
batteries. But if mains power goes down, so does the VOIP phone and the
internet.

Is this real progress or fake progress?

--

Regards