[LINK] Electromagnetic pulse artillery shell

David dlochrin at key.net.au
Wed Jan 25 15:19:36 AEDT 2017

On Wednesday 25 January 2017 15:00:36 Chris Johnson wrote:

> Sorry, this is a furphy: traffic can certainly move with no trafic lights operating. Remember the policeman on point duty? a person can easily control traffic, at the rate of one person per normal intersection, with almost no training.

If the whole CBD is centrally controlled in an integrated fashion, which was the premise, then individual police at each intersection throughout the CBD could not possibly communicate among themselves and calculate traffic flows at anything remotely approaching the rate of the integrated system.  Chaos would then ensue.

> Worse than having inoperative lights would be hacked lights which induced collisions, jamming the intersections, by showing random signals or showing green in all directions.

And even worse than that would be hacked vehicles.

> That is not part of the requirements for this weapon.

My post was not intended to deal with weapons design.

David L.