[LINK] Renewing your drivers licence online

JanW jwhit at internode.on.net
Mon Jul 24 14:34:40 AEST 2017

At 02:05 PM 24/07/2017, Narelle wrote:

>This means you have to agree (ie clickwrap) to an onerous set of terms
>and conditions that apply to all aspects of the toll system just to
>update a minor thing.
>
>Ridiculous.

That's exactly the blanket approach Telstra was using with their cable Internet services many years ago. I tried to get TIO attention because Telstra was requiring customers of home services to comply with *Business*/commercial terms. But because I wasn't a customer of that service -- who would? -- I had no standing according to TIO to lodge the complaint. Talk about a catch 22.

I don't know if Telstra still has such ludicrous T&Cs, but I did without anything above plain aDSL because of it until the NBN came. I've never forgotten nor forgiven Telstra their stupidity in approach to customers and bad mouth them whenever I can. When they sent their NBN marketing people out and started lying about when phone services would be disconnected, that was the last straw. I dumped them and am SOOOO glad to be shed of Telstra in any way shape or form.

Jan

I write books. http://janwhitaker.com/?page_id=8

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer