[LINK] Top-level domains

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Fri Mar 10 12:21:03 AEDT 2017

A few years ago the ability to register a TLD was liberalised.

https://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/global-support/faqs/faqs-en

The organisation applying to register a new TLD has to demonstrate the
infrastructure and process to properly run a TLD and they have to lay a
large amount of money on the table.  The application fee is US$185,000 and
it just gets more expensive from there.

Cheers,

Rob