[LINK] Virtual Power Station Cheaper Than Snowy Hydro 2.0?

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Wed Mar 22 08:29:47 AEDT 2017

Tomorrow I am giving a guest lecture to Systems Engineering students
(COMP3530) at the Australian National University on "Environmental
Concerns". As usual I will run them through "How Green is My Computer?",
an exercise in estimating the carbon emissions from a computer. However,
to make it topical, I thought I would see if computers can provide a
cheaper alternative to the PM's Snowy Hydro 2.0 Proposal:
http://blog.tomw.net.au/2017/03/virtual-power-station-cheaper-than.html

--
Tom Worthington, MEd, FACS CP.  http://www.tomw.net.au t +61(0)419496150
TomW Communications Pty Ltd.    PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia

Adjunct Lecturer, Computer Science  http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4799-8464
Australian National University   http://people.cecs.anu.edu.au/user/3890

New ebook: "Digital Teaching" http://www.tomw.net.au/digital_teaching/