[LINK] NBN technologies [WAS] FTTN(ot working)

JanW jwhit at internode.on.net
Wed Mar 29 14:37:10 AEDT 2017

At 01:49 PM 29/03/2017, David Boxall you wrote:
>>... Back in the day of Ka band, which replaced C (the bigger dishes we used to grab signal from early satellites), rain was an issue. Lots of noise. I didn't know if it continued with Ku or not.
>
>Out of curiosity, I looked it up:
>>The Ka band is more susceptible to rain attenuation than is the Ku band, which in turn is more susceptible than the C band.
>
><https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ka_band>

Duh.
I meant kU band. I don't know what is happening to my head! I think I have this right now. We went from C to Ku. This was in the US when we were doing a lot more with narrowcasting via satellite for distance ed purposes. Here's the Ku article, and you'll see the proliferation of Ku satellites. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_band

Jan

I write books. http://janwhitaker.com/?page_id=8

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Some psychopaths become serial killers, and other psychopaths become prosecutors. - Bob Ruff, Truth and Justice, June 2016

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer