[LINK] British researcher finds a 'kill switch' for global cyber attack

Paul Bolger pbolger at gmail.com
Mon May 15 10:25:36 AEST 2017

The next one will have the kill switch encrypted.

Be interesting to know if anybody who has tried to pay the ransom actually
got their files back. I suspect that the perpetrators weren't expecting
quite this level of success, and may be swamped by the upsurge in custom.

http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/a-helping-hand-with-a-dirty-trick-ransomware-now-offers-helpdesk-to-victims-1319034

Also interesting over here (NZ) that the media spent the weekend reporting
the attack, but didn't bother to tell people how to avoid being attacked
themselves when they returned to work this morning.