[LINK] British researcher finds a 'kill switch' for global cyber attack

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Mon May 15 10:45:49 AEST 2017

No, but you can have it do a TXT lookup and check the response, or
something similar.  For bonus marks, sign the response using an asymmetric
key so that it can't be reverse engineered.

(or any one of a thousand other options that would be far better than a
single DNS lookup as this one seemingly did)

  Scott