[LINK] British researcher finds a 'kill switch' for global cyber attack

David Lochrin dlochrin at key.net.au
Mon May 15 11:32:40 AEST 2017

On 15/05/2017 11:08, Roger Clarke wrote:
> And it doesn't include information on which patch-package, of which date, affecting which software, is the one that matters

A bulletin from CERT was waiting in my inbox on Sunday morning.  I'm not at my usual computer now and so can't forward it, but the relevant Microsoft reference is "Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010 - Critical" at
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms17-010.aspxMS17-010

This gives links to the relevant updates for various MS O/S.

The relevant updates for 32-bit Windows-7 are "KB4012212 (security only)" and KB4012215.  I gather the former is a subset of the latter (?).  But attempting to download it this morning from http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4012212 gives "The service is unavailable.".

I suppose several billion people are all trying to do the same thing.

David L.