[LINK] British researcher finds a 'kill switch' for global cyber attack

Dr Bob Jansen (in Korea) bobjtls at gmail.com
Tue May 16 10:58:16 AEST 2017

The South Korean government has previously mandated XP/IE/ActiveX for
gov funded web sites, so you need IE and ActiveX to do anything official
in Korea. However, this ruling has been relaxed but I suspect the
investment in the technology is too much for most organisations to
change. I suppose, change will happen as sites get redesigned/rebuilt
but it will take time.

bobj

On 16/5/17 10:40 am, Jim Birch wrote:
>> it's difficult to see why any organisation would prefer Windows.
>
> 1. Existing applications and infrastructure
> 2. Existing staff skills and available skills in new recruitments
> 3. System component interoperability
>
> It's difficult to see how a moderate to large organisation that uses
> Windows could change.  It's a massive undertaking with a lot of costs and
> risks for some marginal paybacks.  This stranglehold is being eroded a
> little by client-server computing models but it is still extremely
> powerful.
>
> Jim

--------------------------------
Dr Bob Jansen
Turtle Lane Studios Pty Ltd
122 Cameron St, Rockdale NSW 2216, Australia
Ph (Korea): +82 10-4494-0328
Ph (Australia) +61 414 297 448
Resume: http://au.linkedin.com/in/bobjan
Skype: bobjtls
KakaoTalk: bobjtls
http://www.turtlelane.com.au

In line with the Australian anti-spam legislation, if you wish to receive no further email from me, please send me an email with the subject "No Spam"