[LINK] Cars, again

Jim Birch planetjim at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 11:49:31 AEDT 2017

Auto-industry elder statesman declares game over. “It saddens me to say it,
but we are approaching the end of the automotive era. Travel will be in
standardized modules. The end state will be the fully autonomous module
with no capability for the driver to exercise command. The tipping point
will come when 20 to 30 percent of vehicles are fully autonomous. Countries
will look at the accident statistics and figure out that human drivers are
causing 99.9 percent of the accidents.

Bob Lutz is a former vice chairman and head of product development at
General Motors. He also held senior executive positions with Ford,
Chrysler, BMW and Opel.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20171105/INDUSTRY_REDESIGNED/171109944/bob-lutz:-kiss-the-good-times-goodbye