[LINK] Cars, again

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Mon Nov 13 13:56:15 AEDT 2017

On 13/11/17 13:46, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
> On 13/11/2017 11:49 AM, Jim Birch wrote:
>> Auto-industry elder statesman declares game over. “It saddens me to say it,
>> but we are approaching the end of the automotive era.
> Some, most, all (?) accidents happen because of unexpected circumstances.
>
> What are the chances that automated systems can be built that will deal
> with some, most, all (?) unexpected circumstances? And that includes the
> software in the automated systems themselves.

As we all know IT systems very rarely end up replacing like for like -
we need to broaden our thinking on the opportunities and operation of
automated vehicles.

> Ten rules for cities about automated vehicles
>
> Traditional urbanism evolved over millennia to meet human needs. The adoption of AVs should not be allowed to replace time-tested places with something that would probably make our lives worse.
https://www.cnu.org/publicsquare/2017/10/16/ten-rules-cities-about-automated-vehicles

Marghanita
PS I hated the implication that Pay TV was synonymous with Cable
I now dislike the implication that Electric vehicles are synonymous with
self driving.
--
Marghanita da Cruz
Telephone: 0414-869202