[LINK] Some peace of mind about the NBN

David dlochrin at key.net.au
Wed Nov 15 16:34:10 AEDT 2017

On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 15:35:41 Kim Holburn wrote:

> What a nasty map/page.  If you scroll with your mouse, the map zooms in or out and the page scrolls up or down as well.  Grrrr.

Really?  For me the scroll wheel zooms the map at a point centred on the cursor, and holding the left-button down grabs the map so it can be moved.

> I don't see copper paths.  Or anything much except coloured dots.

Most of Canberra seems to be yellow dots "FTTN (No Speed Estimate)" or green dots "FTTC (100 Mbps)".  I presume this just reflects the way things are in Canberra where the network was implemented by Transact and handed over to NBN later.  I'll bet NBN Co. isn't touching the well-performing Transact network!

I suspect the copper paths originally came from Telstra information, which would be largely irrelevant in Canberra now.

David L.