[LINK] My letter to the local paper

Brendan brendansweb at optusnet.com.au
Fri Aug 3 09:09:59 AEST 2018

On 07/24/2018 11:12 AM, Jim Birch wrote:
>   "To avoid that risk, you might consider pointing out errors and
> untruths specifically
> and explicitly."
>
> Sure: what are the specific actual harms that have occurred in Australia by
> the government knowing too much?  Be specific.  Name a few.  (I won't count
> getting done for tax dodging and crime.  Other than that, I have trouble
> coming up with anything)

This begs the question.

Some of the harms of the system are:
* that people will not seek medical advice when really they ought to for fear of it being recorded; and
* that people will be discriminated against (eg insurance, employment) based on their, now easily accessible, medical history - which flows back into the first.

These occur without any misuse of data.