[LINK] Sad news - Vale Brenda

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Aug 13 10:02:18 AEST 2018

On 12/08/18 12:49, JLWhitaker wrote:

> ... Brenda Aynsley, passed away quietly this morning in Adelaide,
> after a long illness ...

A great loss to the computing profession.  As Brenda wrote on her
LinkedIn entry, she was:

      "... totally absorbed by and committed to the Internet and
technology, not because of the nature of the toys and tools, but because
both provide the means of facilitating effective communication between
citizens of the world. ..."

Her work was global, but I knew Brenda as a fellow member of many ACS
committees, and one of my successors as ACS President. On a personal
level she was part of the team teaching myself, and others, to teach
on-line.
http://blog.tomw.net.au/2018/08/vale-brenda-aynsley.html

--
Tom Worthington, MEd FHEA FACS CP http://www.tomw.net.au +61(0)419496150
TomW Communications Pty Ltd. PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia

Honorary Senior Lecturer, Computer Science, Australian National
University https://cecs.anu.edu.au/research/profile/tom-worthington