[LINK] Urgent: MyHR Opt-Out

Peter O'Halloran peter at ohalloran.id.au
Thu Jul 19 07:28:14 AEST 2018

Dear Bob

Discharge summaries or letters are routinely not finalised at the time a patient is discharged from a hospital. In the case of inpatient wards, the clinician writing up their notes and preparing such clinical documentation is often not physically anywhere near the patient or their Medicare card.

Secondly, given the well-known issues with Medicare card fraud and children often being on separate Medicare cards with parents who are not speaking, I am not sure that relying on all of the information being on a card itself is the best option.

Peter

(disclaimer - all views are my own and are not the official view of my employer).