[LINK] myhr website disclaimer

JLWhitaker jwhit at internode.on.net
Wed Jul 25 10:45:24 AEST 2018

I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

This website may rightly have used blanket language to say we aren't
responsible for what we publish on this website. I know it's daft,
because if they published something illegal, they can't say they aren't
responsible for it. Of course they are. They control the content.

Here's the devil's advocate part. I would guess this disclaimer is
purely for the website, and not for the MyHealthRecord content. They may
well think that, and it might be in the legislation even, that they
aren't liable for the content of the MyHealthRecord. But given the
change that's happening in platform responsivility -- Facebook, Google,
etc -- I don't know if that would stand in the state of public opinion.

I think it's a live question. I've asked medico-legal liability
questions for awhile now and all I get back are nervous titters and "we
aren't sure", not enough time to address it, answers.

We KNOW there are inaccuracies in records about prescription data,
doctors who have supposedly treated someone from a different part of the
country, and other data errors. That makes me wonder if the gov couldn't
have saved money on the MyHR and spent it on cleaning up Medicare and
PBS accuracy. Republishing that bad data in a personal MyHR is daft. If
someone dies, there will be law suits, or else the compensation will
come from those hidden money pockets we learnt about this week. I think
they're called payoffs.

Jan

--
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Twitter: @JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer