[LINK] Don’t believe the hype: We’re a long way from 5G

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Sat Jun 2 09:13:15 AEST 2018

On 31/05/18 18:03, David wrote:

> ... what ... needs a bandwidth of 100 Mbit/s ...

That is the sort of retrograde thinking hold back progress.

Our electricity companies showed the way by upgrading poles and wires
for a level of service no one asked for, but still have to pay for.

The motto should be not "build it and they will come" but:

	"Build it and we can charge them for it". ;-)

--
Tom Worthington, MEd FHEA FACS CP http://www.tomw.net.au +61(0)419496150
TomW Communications Pty Ltd. PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia

Honorary Senior Lecturer, Computer Science, Australian National
University https://cecs.anu.edu.au/research/profile/tom-worthington