[LINK] China takes over Radio Australia frequencies after ABC drops shortwave

JLWhitaker jwhit at internode.on.net
Sat Jun 23 10:18:26 AEST 2018

On 22/06/2018 11:31 PM, Stephen Loosley wrote:
> Radio Australia switched off its shortwave transmissions to remote parts of northern Australia and across the Pacific in January 2017.
>
> The ABC insisted at the time the shortwave technology was out of date and it would save $1.9 million by cutting the service, which it said would be reinvested in expanding content and services.
To be honest, it's a surprise Rupert didn't take it on. Unless Sky
already has a presence there?
$1.9 million. Out of a $1Billion budget. Is it anyone wonder China
scoffs at us? :;sigh::

Jan

--
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Twitter: @JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer