[LINK] The "health" record security model

David dlochrin at key.net.au
Mon Nov 12 17:46:17 AEDT 2018

On Monday, 12 November 2018 17:06:42 AEDT Jim Birch wrote:

> Back to your original question on how long is medical history useful.
>
> Purpose 1: Short term if you get better, longer as a managed condition.
> Purpose 2: Longer term, it allows treatment of the population to be optimised for the available resources.  [...]
> Purpose 3: Forever, well, almost.  These are actually lifetime longitudinal studies in large numbers.  [...]

They're fine wish-list objectives.  But the problem with MHRecord lies in it's unknown objectives, and poor implementation based on what we assume.

Longitudinal studies have to be reasonably well-controlled to be reliable, and a collection of random PDFs is unlikely to cut it.  That applies to (2) as well, since it's an application of (3) if I read you correctly.

David L.