[LINK] Implications for Victoria's Education Industry in Signing of China Silk Road Agreement

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Wed Nov 14 08:58:52 AEDT 2018

The Victorian government has released the agreement signed with China on
the Silk Road/Belt and Road Plan, 8 October:
https://www.dpc.vic.gov.au/index.php/news-publications/bri-mou#

However, the document was only provided as a scanned image, so I have
run converted it to searchable text:
https://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/2018/11/implications-for-victorias-education.html#brpcnvic

One part of China's plan is expansion of Chinese education services
internationally. Education is Victoria's largest service export. It is
not clear if the Victorian Government has considered the effects on
exports of joining the Belt and Road Plan.

I will discuss some of the educational implications of the Silk Road at
the 7th International Conference on Teaching, Assessment, and Learning
for Engineering in Woolongong in early December.
https://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/2018/11/blended-learning-for-indo-pacific.html

--
Tom Worthington, MEd FHEA FACS CP http://www.tomw.net.au +61(0)419496150
TomW Communications Pty Ltd. PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia

Honorary Senior Lecturer, Computer Science, Australian National
University https://cecs.anu.edu.au/research/profile/tom-worthington