[LINK] European Science Funders Ban Grantees From Publishing In Paywalled Journals

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Fri Sep 7 09:29:37 AEST 2018

On 05/09/18 16:30, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:

> European Science Funders Ban Grantees From Publishing In Paywalled Journals ...

A move to open access research publishing will need, I suggest, a well
resourced information campaign, and a well staffed anti-fraud unit.
Otherwise we are likely to see fraud on a scale similar to that
resulting from the poorly managed Australian VET FEE-HELP scheme.

Academics are not the most worldly of people and it is likely they will
make some stupid decisions when it comes to paying for publication. Also
it is likely that publishers, and brokers, will attempt to game the new
system.
http://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/2018/09/academic-open-access-publishing-needs.html

--
Tom Worthington, MEd FHEA FACS CP http://www.tomw.net.au +61(0)419496150
TomW Communications Pty Ltd. PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia

Honorary Senior Lecturer, Computer Science, Australian National
University https://cecs.anu.edu.au/research/profile/tom-worthington