[LINK] RFC: A Capable Email-Client, e.g. for a Mac

Rick Welykochy rick at vitendo.ca
Sat Sep 29 11:44:36 AEST 2018

Andy Farkas wrote:
> On 29/09/2018 06:58, Roger Clarke wrote:
>> I'm desperately looking for a replacement email-client for Eudora.
>>

> Pine was always my favourite but I believe it is unmaintained now.
>
> I've been very happy with Mozilla Thunderbird for the last decade....
> (it can be configured to display email in the correct way - green
> text on black background)

Similar results (decade or more) using SeaMonkey, which is basically the
Mozilla email and web clients combined into one handy package. I have
been using it on OSX/macOS "forever".

SeaMonkey filters and shuffles email into relevant folders, and then flags such folders
with the number of UNREAD emails in bold text, so they are easy to notice.

Attachments remain encoded in the original email (standard unix-style rfc format) until
you manually detach them and file them away according to your own system and needs.

Since the mailboxes are stored in the standard "plain text" rfc format, I have been able to
move my personal email stores for several accounts and thousands of emails from one
machine to another with nary a glitch. And as such, the email boxes are very amenable
to shell-based "bashing" as it were, if you are so inclined.

HTH.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy

A furniture store keeps calling me.
It's driving me crazy cuz all I wanted was one nightstand.
     -- Anonymous Whinge