[LINK] Tim Berners-Lee paints the sky a Solid blue

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Sun Sep 30 14:10:02 AEST 2018

There's at least two types of "personal" data

1. Data about the person that the person is aware of and can or might
want to access and/or control

2. Data about the person that the person has no awareness of. This can
be created by a third party generating (linking, correlating, analysing)
data from other sources or by observing the person and storing data thus
generated. e.g. vehicle number plate recognition systems, CCTV, parking
station systems, browsing history, google search history, mobile phone
based tracking systems, loyalty card schemes, Facebook/Twitter etc
activity, IOT data, FitBit/medical device data.

I can see how Solid might have a part to play in #1, but not #2. And
they are the ones that are potentially more insidious.

--

Regards
brd

Bernard Robertson-Dunn