[LINK] 5G not safe?

David dlochrin at key.net.au
Mon Apr 8 11:18:19 AEST 2019

On Sunday, 7 April 2019 12:07:49 AEST I wrote:
> However an update "Draft RF Guidelines 100 KHz - 300 GHz" as at October 2018 is in the works - see https://www.icnirp.org/

The 2018 "ICNIRP Radiofrequency Guidelines, Public Consultation version" are available at
http://www.bioem2018.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/PCD_BioEM_Presentation.pdf

The author shown on the title page is Rodney Croft, Chair, ICNIRP RF Guidelines Project Group, University of Wollongong, Australia.  According to https://acebr.uow.edu.au/our-people/UOW163038.html "Rodney is a Professor of Health Psychology at the School of Psychology, University of Wollongong, Australia."

I haven't read the whole document.  The guidelines briefly hint at research into various non-thermal effects in early pages, however there seems to be no substantial discussion, or even reference, to such work.  It makes clear that only tissue heating effects will be considered in setting the recommendations.

According to https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/brain-tumor/risk-factors
*"Electromagnetic fields.  *Most studies evaluating the role of electromagnetic fields, such as energy from power lines or from cell phone use, show no link to an increased risk of developing a brain tumor in adults.  Because of conflicting information regarding risk in children, the World Health Organization (WHO) recommends limiting cell phone use and promotes the use of a hands*-*free headset for both adults and children."

This supports the work of Dr. Bruce Hocking around Gore Hill in Sydney to which I referred earlier.  I don't think the issue is going away.

David L.