[LINK] From a wrongful arrest to a life-saving romance: the typos that have changed people's lives | Technology | The Guardian

David dlochrin at key.net.au
Mon Aug 5 11:52:22 AEST 2019

On Monday, 5 August 2019 11:07:17 AEST Karl Auer wrote:
>> This is a vastly different proposition to decoding thoughts.
>
> Well - yes and no. And you still need to decode the speech.

Interesting...  I interpreted "decoding thoughts" as identifying a concept, or an intention, before it's resulted in motor activity such as verbalisation, activation of limb muscles, etc.  But leaving aside the issue of sensors, would this require a processor having the same order of complexity as the human brain, especially if the whole brain is involved in creating that intention?

Cheers, David L.