[LINK] NBN fault maintenance

David dlochrin at aussiebb.com.au
Thu Dec 5 19:39:54 AEDT 2019

On Tuesday, 3 December 2019 1:23:54 PM AEDT I wrote:

>> Parts of the Sydney Inner-West currently have no NBN service.  NBN describe the outage as "infrastructure restoration" and it occurred around early afternoon on Friday.  [...]
>
> Progress!  A technician is expected on-site at 13:30 today (Tuesday); that's four days after the outage occurred.

By way of dotting the i's and crossing the t's, this outage was logged by NBN on Friday 29th at 15:30.  A technician fixed it on-site on Wednesday morning, and service was logged as restored on Wednesday 4th at 10:37.  I suppose the problem might have taken a few hours to fix, but it apparently took over four-&-a-half days to galvanise the mighty organisation into action (during business hours).

The outage affected HFC users and was caused by "water damaged hardware" which probably means water entered a  pit somewhere; the local HFC network is in Telstra ducts.  So much for the Abbott/Turnbull multi-technology-mix.

David L.