[LINK] The World Is Choking on Digital Pollution

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Wed Jan 23 09:04:30 AEDT 2019

On 22/1/19 11:25 am, David wrote:

> ... assess its reliability without checking the sources ...

It turns out my college at ANU has a group working on this with CSIRO. I
attended a seminar by Marian-Andrei Rizoiu, on some of their work in
Online Information Diffusion, Theoretical Popularity Modeling, Online
Privacy, and Social Networks, on Tuesday. They can work out what your
profession, gender and religion are from your tweets, work out which
tweets are from bots, and what is likely to be popular. They have some
exciting new work coming out this year.
https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?hl=en&user=J9sjxXYAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate

--
Tom Worthington, MEd FHEA FACS CP http://www.tomw.net.au +61(0)419496150
TomW Communications Pty Ltd. PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia

Honorary Lecturer, Computer Science, Australian National University
https://cecs.anu.edu.au/research/profile/tom-worthington