[LINK] PayPal security and account verification

JLWhitaker jwhit at internode.on.net
Mon Mar 18 08:19:33 AEDT 2019

On 17/03/2019 8:37 PM, Roger Clarke wrote:

for Ivan (I didn't get Ivan's email - odd)
> But this aside, the continual email trail from this user’s activities
> would allow me to, for example, make large donations from the user’s
> account to charities (as has happened when bank account details have
> been published), and to track his purchases (already happened). Not
> just annoying, but remarkable given what PayPal is all about. I’ve had
> better responses from American hotel chains and Russian department
> stores...
>
> I can’t call him directly, since I only have part of his phone number
> (though I could track his name down perhaps), and I can’t access his
> PayPal account (because I don’t have the password, and password resets
> are managed via a phone number).

how about contacting his bank? They may be interested in Paypal not
providing accurate customer information for funds transfers. It wouldn't
surprise me if German banks are more concerned about Identity theft
matters than an American company.

Jan

--
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Twitter: @JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer