[LINK] Search engines to be ordered to not link to academic cheating services

JLWhitaker jwhit at internode.on.net
Fri May 3 17:52:50 AEST 2019

On 3/05/2019 2:26 PM, Karl Auer wrote:
> If you have to censor academic assistance services (whether it's
> cheating or not depends on how they are used) you are missing the
> underlying problem.

Good points, Karl. I reckon the continuous assessment is a double edged
sword.

Not sure how this fits in Link, but I'll add this. The bits along the
way are as much en route motivators as actual assessment as long as the
marks awarded aren't devastating. That is up to the
academic/tutor/whoever I guess. My thought is that having engagement
throughout the term is to avoid the temptation to try and swat an entire
semester in the last week, which is impossible in most subjects. If
there aren't consequences for NOT doing the en route work, what do you
think would happen? Party time! ;-)

Jan

--
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Twitter: @JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer