[LINK] RFC: An AI 'Ethics Framework'

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Sat May 11 17:51:05 AEST 2019

Data61/CSIRO and Dept of Industry have co-published a paper,
and the Dept of Industry has called for comments:

'Artificial Intelligence: Australia's Ethics Framework'
https://consult.industry.gov.au/strategic-policy/artificial-intelligence-ethics-framework/supporting_documents/ArtificialIntelligenceethicsframeworkdiscussionpaper.pdf

Many advocates and researchers are highly critical of it.

Leveraging off some papers that are appearing shortly, I've flung
together a short submission about these three areas of problem:
-   the inadequate analysis of threats and risks
-   the very limited scope of the 'core principles'
-   the failure to face up to the need for regulatory measures

The hotlinked version of my draft Submission is here:
http://www.rogerclarke.com/EC/AAISub-1905.html

Constructively negative feedback much appreciated!

Roger Clarke                            mailto:Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
T: +61 2 6288 6916   http://www.xamax.com.au  http://www.rogerclarke.com

Visiting Professor in the Faculty of Law            University of N.S.W.