[LINK] ‘We have been cheated’: Australia's biggest cities dudded with inferior NBN

David dlochrin at key.net.au
Thu May 16 16:43:26 AEST 2019

On 15/05/2019 23:04, Jevan Pipitone wrote:

> I don't know how much it would cost, to install an optic fibre from > the node to the premises. You cannot get a fibre run from the node to your house.  It has to go all the way back to the FAN (a lot further than the node).  More kilometers of fibre means more $$.  This is why it is so expensive.

I wonder if it would be practicable and cost-effective to have an FTTC option for FTTN areas (not what NBN Co. might charge)?  I guess more fibre would have to be laid in streets not on the run connecting nodes, but I have no idea what architecture governs fibre reticulation, if there is one.

David L.