[LINK] itN: 'Third fatal Tesla Autopilot crash ...'

David dlochrin at key.net.au
Tue May 21 14:48:02 AEST 2019

On Tuesday, 21 May 2019 14:09:21 AEST Karl Auer wrote:

> None of those things is relevant. We need only care about the efficacy of the system as a whole. Is the system that includes driver-assisting controls safer than one without, or not?

For what proportion of the time do drivers have to use the "driverless" technology for that to be true?  And for that matter, for what proportion of time are the supposed statistics valid?

I believe current Teslas allow driverless-mode to be enabled & disabled, so it could be used between 0 & 100% of driving-time for any given vehicle.

David L.