[LINK] The lines of code that changed everything

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Wed Oct 23 10:22:30 AEDT 2019

On 23/10/19 9:56 am, Andy Farkas wrote:
> [I've played Spacewar!, still use IRC, and have source code for
> Mosaic-2.5 that I used to compile on a 386 - am I getting old? :)]
>  https://slate.com/technology/2019/10/consequential-computer-code-software-history.html

The contributors are already showing their youth
(i.e. lack of age, and hence lack of knowledge of early examples).

There are very large numbers of early code-examples that are way more
significant than the later ones here, in the sense that, once they
existed, they enabled - and even made inevitable - many more that
followed, both directly and as exemplars.

Roger Clarke                            mailto:Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
T: +61 2 6288 6916   http://www.xamax.com.au  http://www.rogerclarke.com

Visiting Professor in the Faculty of Law            University of N.S.W.