[LINK] RFC: Does CovidSafe Actually Work?

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Wed Apr 29 12:56:37 AEST 2020

I'm sceptical.

I've flung together some preliminary notes, with a view to establishing
what's known about the effectiveness of apps like this.

I'd appreciate feedback, pointers to sources, and pointers to people who
are actively working on such questions.

Thanks!  ...  Roger

            The Effectiveness of Bluetooth Proximity Apps
                Preliminary Notes of 29 April 2020

       http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/EC/EBPA.html

                              Abstract

Public health teams trace people who may have been exposed to a person
infected with COVID-19. I'm a sceptic about the effectiveness of apps
based on Bluetooth proximity data in supporting the efforts of those
teams. These are preliminary and hastily-flung-together notes intended
to frame the problem, and hence guide the search for evidence to support
or debunk my scepticism.

Roger Clarke                            mailto:Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
T: +61 2 6288 6916   http://www.xamax.com.au  http://www.rogerclarke.com

Visiting Professor in the Faculty of Law            University of N.S.W.