[LINK] nbn is offering assistance to switch back to your old broadband service if you were on the TransACT network

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Fri Aug 7 17:45:32 AEST 2020

I got one as well.

>From some experience with how lawyers work in such circumstances, the
judge or tribunal member gave an ambiguous instruction, or the legal
bureaucrat in ACCC drafted an ambiguous undertaking for NBNCo to sign.

When interpreting the undertaking, the NBNCo bods figured they needed to
send the 'mea culpa' letter to all addresses to which the original,
offending letter had been sent.

As far as I can see, NBNCo didn't have access to TransACT's records of
which addresses were VDSL2-connected, nor the ISPs' records of who the
subscribers were at which addresses.

Both my original and recent letters were addressed:

    To the occupant
    <address>