[LINK] O/t: “How can a disease with 1% mortality shut down the United States?”

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Sat Dec 5 09:26:42 AEDT 2020

On 2/12/20 10:36 am, Stephen Loosley wrote:

> Linkers, the following is a reddit post for which I have no further references.

So is it a good idea to distribute this? Who was the original author and
what was their motivation?

> “How can a disease with 1% mortality shut down ...

Once medical facilities reach capacity, the mortality rate will climb,
as those who would have survived with treatment don't get it.

The 2011 film Contagion depicted a disease outbreak. In one scene a
contact tracer has the disease and is placed on a stretcher in a sports
hall with hundreds of others left to die.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contagion_(2011_film)

To get back on topic for Link, any group or nation state, which is
spreading misinformation online with the intention of worsening the
contagion, it should kept in mind that the USA has a policy of
reciprocity. An attack on the USA will be judged based on the effect,
not the manner of delivery. US policy includes the option of a response
to a cyber attack with conventional or nuclear weapons.
https://web.archive.org/web/20110518153848/https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/international_strategy_for_cyberspace.pdf

--
Tom Worthington http://www.tomw.net.au