[LINK] Hhm .. a package from China Post

Stephen Loosley stephenloosley at outlook.com
Fri Jan 31 13:42:47 AEDT 2020

Hi David & all .. the package arrived at our door via a normal courier company. It apparently required a signature upon delivery. The China Post ePacket label on the front, in a column, says, “Value (US $) 18.00” and that’s the only mention of money. There’s no separate account or invoice inside. We were puzzled because we have no purchases from China due to us, but not being absolutely sure about it, we opened the sealed balloon-like black-plastic bag anyway.

So, all we found inside, was a cheap plastic selfie-stick complete with a headphone plug. Still trustingly, we then plugged this selfie-stick into our normal Android-phone headphone-socket, and surprisingly, it worked. Somehow, plugged into the headphone socket and pushing the button, it did indeed take a selfie photo. And also surprisingly, when it did, a small green WeChat logo briefly popped up. Upon reflection, who knows what it did with the photo.

So then, considering sending it back, we then looked carefully at the Sender Address, and noticed it was sent from the city of Wuhan. ☹

It should be illegal to send sealed-goods from a declared quarantine zone, no matter what the science claims. My wife, in particular, is not a happy camper. And won’t find any peace for several weeks at least. Thank you, people.

So .. what idiot would post unsolicited, air-tight, sealed goods .. directly from the epicentre of a deadly virus outbreak?

Respect,
Stephen