[LINK] Slow Smart Cities

David dlochrin at aussiebb.com.au
Fri Jul 3 11:53:13 AEST 2020

On 3/07/2020 9:09 am, Tom Worthington wrote:

> Perhaps Smart Cities are slow to take off because they do not provide real short term benefits.

Perhaps they don't provide any long-term benefits either, or at least none which have yet been identified.

I suppose everyone has an idea of what a "smart" city is supposed to be: it has lots of tech stuff and communications infrastructure.  But I suspect the term "smart city" is mostly marketing, and anything so vaguely defined is suspicious from the start.

What is it supposed to achieve in terms of human peace & contentment?

Sorry to be so negative, but there it is.

Cheers,
David Lochrin